Then we invite you to read on and apply!
Single Quantum (singlequantum.com) makes the world's fastest and most-sensitive light-detection systems limited only by the laws of physics!
The quantum world is small but growing. We are a steadily-growing scale-up with an ever-expanding worldwide customer base. We provide our photon detection systems to a wide range of customers and research institutes. This can only be done thanks to our indomitable colleagues, who fabricate, assemble, test and sell our detectors. In addition to fabricating of the actual detectors and building the cryostats, Single Quantum also develops and builds its own electronics inhouse.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will play a crucial role in the post-fabrication phase of our manufacturing. Your main tasks is to transform the component from an inert piece of silicon into a functional single photon detector, specifically by packaging our detectors and placing wire bonds to the die (chips). This requires the elegant precision of a jeweler, while working on high-tech electronics. You will join our small Mounting & Bonding team which collaborates closely with our nanofabrication and optical testing teams.
Your main tasks include:
Key responsibilities of a person in this role may include:
- Mounting: Pre-selecting the detectors chips and subsequently mounting them into their optical and electrical packages.
- Wire Bonding: Making the electrical connections between the die and the PCB.
- Quality Control: Performing quality control checks to ensure that the assembled detectors meet specifications and quality standards.
- Troubleshooting: Identifying and resolving issues that may arise during the assembly process, such as faulty wire bonds or imperfect assembly detectors.
- Administration and documentation: Maintaining detailed records of the assembly process upload the report the issues encounter during the assembly and quality control results.
- Collaboration: Working closely with engineers and other team members to troubleshoot problems, improve processes, and implement changes to enhance efficiency and product quality.
- Workspace organisation: Keeping the workplace organised to ensure a safe and efficient working environment. This is crucial for delivering detectors of supreme quality to the testing team.